sobota, 17 października 2020

Present tenses (I'm doing / I do) for the future

 1. Present Continuous (I am doing) with a future meaning:

- I'm doing something (tomorrow) = I have already decided and arranged to do it.

- You can use it ti talk about what you have arranged to do, f.ex. 'Alex is getting married next month.'

- You can also use the Present Continuous Tense for an action just before you begin to do it. This happens especially with verbs of movement (go / come / leave etc.)


2. Present Simple (I do) with a future meaning:

- We use the Present Simple when we talk about timetables, programmes etc. (for public transport, cinemas etc.), f.ex. My train leaves at 11:30, so I need to be at the station by 11:15.

- You can use the Present Simple to talk about people if their plans are fixed like a timetable, f.ex. I start my new job on Monday.


Exercise 1

Put the verb into the more suitable form, present continuous or present simple.

1. I ............................................. (go) to the cinema this evening.

2. .......................................... (the film / begin) at 3:30 or 4:30?

3. We ............................................ (have) a party next Saturday. Would you like to come?

4. The art exhibition .......................................... (finish) on 3 May.

5. I ............................................ (not / go) out this evening. I .................................. (stay) at home.

6. ' .............................................. (you / do) anything tomorrow morning?' 'No, I'm free. Why?'

7. We ........................................ (go) to a concert tonight. It ................................. (start) at 7:30.

8. I .......................................... (leave) now. I've come to say goodbye.


ZAPRASZAMY WSZYSTKICH ZAINTERESOWANYCH PODNOSZENIEM SWOICH KOMPETENCJI JĘZYKOWYCH DO ROZWIĄZANIA ZADAŃ A NASTĘPNIE SPRAWDZENIA ICH POPRAWNOŚCI NA ZAJĘCIACH W FUNDACJI "WARTO ŻYĆ" ZGODNIE Z HARNOMOGRAMEM ZAJĘĆ.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Mówisz i masz - DZIĘKUJEMY!!!

W dniu 23.01.2021r. odbyła się konferencja podsumowująca działania w ramach projektu: „Mówisz i masz” finansowanego ze środków Komisji Europ...