sobota, 24 października 2020

(I'm) going to (do)

1. I am going to do something = I have already decided to do it, I intend to do it.

2. I am doing and I am going to do

We use I am doing (present continuous) when we say what we have arranged to do - for example, arranged to go somewhere.

I am going to do something = I've decided to do it (but perhaps not arranged to do it) - f. ex. 'Your shoes are dirty.' 'Yes, I know. I'm going to clean them.' (= I've decided to clean them, but I haven't arranged to clean them)

Often the difference is very small and either form is possible.

3. You can also say that 'something is going to happen' in the future, f.ex. 'Look at those black clouds! It's going to rain.'

4. I was going to (do something) = I intended to do it, but didn't do it.

5. You can say that 'something was going to happen' (but didn't happen).


Exercise 1

Complete the sentences with was/were going to + the following verbs: buy, give up, have, phone, play, travel.

1. We ..................................... by train, but then we decided to go by car instead.

2. I .................................... some new clothes yesterday, but I was very busy and didn't have time to go to the shops.

3. Martin and I ........................ tennis last week, but he was injured.

4. I ............................ Jane, but I decided to email her insted.

5. We ........................................... a party last week, but some of our friends couldn't come, so we cancelled it.


ZAPRASZAMY WSZYSTKICH ZAINTERESOWANYCH PODNOSZENIEM SWOICH KOMPETENCJI JĘZYKOWYCH DO ROZWIĄZANIA ZADAŃ A NASTĘPNIE SPRAWDZENIA ICH POPRAWNOŚCI NA ZAJĘCIACH W FUNDACJI "WARTO ŻYĆ" ZGODNIE Z HARNOMOGRAMEM ZAJĘĆ.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Mówisz i masz - DZIĘKUJEMY!!!

W dniu 23.01.2021r. odbyła się konferencja podsumowująca działania w ramach projektu: „Mówisz i masz” finansowanego ze środków Komisji Europ...